Norwood PMA Meeting Minutes
March 9, 2022
7 p.m. High School Library
Steve and Linda Lee
Sheri McLeish (notetaker)
- Welcome & Introductions
- President’s update: Paul opened discussion on the need for a new board to be voted in at Pop’s Night on Friday, May 13. Traditionally Pop’s Night is a scholarship fundraiser where 2022 scholarships are awarded and a vote for a new board occurs. After discussing challenges to bringing in new members, especially due to COVID disruption, members shared ideas for reorganizing and ways to make sure the PMA continues since no one has yet expressed interest in taking on a board position. Members agreed to look to make the treasurer role paid to ensure continuity of filings and scholarships. It’s a model that would relieve the need to find qualified volunteers for the role. It would require change to the organization’s bylaws. Bylaws have not been reviewed since 2012. Ask that PMA members review and make any suggestions for updating the bylaws before the next meeting on April 13. This would allow time for a vote to change treasurer role prior to the annual board meeting May 13 to vote in the new board. Anyone interested in joining the board or comments about the bylaws, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With a paid treasurer role, the remaining board positions to be filled for 2022-23 are President, Vice President and Secretary. The full list of volunteer roles needed to maintain the support currently provided by the PMA include:
- Ways and Means and Special Fundraising Committee
- Classic Coordinators
- Database & Publicity
- Music Camp
- NHS Performance Instrumental Coordinators
- NHS Performance Choral Coordinator
- Marching Band Coordinator
- Fine Arts Department update: Cathy provided updates about upcoming events, Fine Arts Festival to be held April 30. PMA will have a table where attendees may learn more or sign up.
Additional event updates:
- MAJE – March 26 – Performances at the CMS and high school. Volunteers are needed and you may sign up here.
- MICCA – April 12 – Please look for sign ups
- Jazz Night – Blue Hill Country Club – April 14
- Cost will be $20. Jazz and jazz choir students will be provided 5 tickets each to sell. Discussed food and logistics. Tickets will be on sale shortly
- Semi-formal – to be held Friday, March 18 at the Four Points Sheraton. Tickets are $40 per person and money is due Monday, March 14.
The PMA is also looking for volunteers to help closet clean up over April vacation. If interested, please email email@example.com
The next meeting will be April 13 at 7 pm in the high school library.