Call to Order: 7:00 PM
Welcome by Paul Campbell, President
Attendance: Paul Campbell, Tracey Jones, Patrick Marquis, Ed Ferris, Amy Doherty Nee, Marcia Leonard, Kristen Serratore, Janice Hall, Becca Jackson, Kathie Umbay, Sasha Guliaeff, Jeanna Ayoub, Steve Ayoub, Patty Souza, Mollie Caravello, Tony Caravello, Steven Lee, Linda Lee, Steve Conant, Cathy Connor-Moen, Jennifer Hartnett, Amy Campbell, Katie McConnaughy
- State of Schools: Cathy Connor-Moen
- Not sure when or if school will resume. Nothing’s been announced at this time.
- Approval of Last Month’s Meeting Minutes: Paul Campbell
Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of March 2020:
- Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones
- Not a lot to report.
- Latest report is missing this month’s stock market investment update. Lost over $10K this month. Will leave it alone to recover.
- Will pay clinicians; Tracey needs info where to send checks.
Motion made and seconded to approve the treasurer’s report of March 2020:
- Vice President: Patrick Marquis
- Ways and means still needs to be filled.
- Paul & Amy Campbell have the list of MB parents to email about the open position. Will coordinate an email to get unfilled board position filled.
- Current board positions are active until August. We usually vote on it at POPs night, but likely won’t happen.
- We could enact a temporary bylaw change so that vote will be done electronically.
- Will put a notice in the paper for the open position.
- Scholarships will be presented on the PMA website; Cathy will update dates.
Next year’s board:
President – Paul Campbell
Vice President – Patrick Marquis
Secretary – Sheri McLeish
Treasurer – Sasha Guliaeff
Ways & Means – OPEN
MB Classic Coord – Mollie & Marcia
Database & Publicity – Katie McConnaughy
Webmaster – Tony Caravello
Music Camp Coord – Jeanna Ayoub
Performance Coord (Instrumental) – Patrick & Paul
Performance Coord (Choral) – Jeanna Ayoub
Performance Coord (Jazz) – Mollie Caravello & Marcia Leonard; Kathie Umbay (Asst)
Performance Coord (MB) – Amy Campbell
Color Guard Coord – Laura Sullivan
MICCA Classic Coord (Choral) – Jeanna Ayoub
- Ways & Means: Janice, Kristen, & Marcia
- Car wash will likely be cancelled; TBD
- Summer town events could be cancelled; TBD
- Band Camp: Steve Conant
- Missing prime recruiting time for next year’s MB
- Can’t rehearse until we get green light at town/state level
- Up in the air, not sure what’s happening at Camp Tap. Too soon to even guess at what’s happening
- NESBA has not put out official dates yet; still reeling from losing half winter season
- Tri M Hours: Jennifer Hartnett
- Hartnett encourages kids to do any volunteering or singing/playing music wherever possible, but not to worry about getting hours at this point. It’s unavoidable.
- Quorum: 2019/2020 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.
- NEXT PMA meeting: May 13, 2020 7PM, Location TBD
Adjourned at 8:00 PM
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee