Norwood High School, Library
Call to Order: 7:05 pm
Welcome by Paul Campbell, President
Attendance: Paul Campbell (President), Patrick Marquis (VP), Tracey Jones (Treasurer), Ed Ferris (Publicity/Webmaster), Katie McConnaughy (Publicity/Marketing), Amy Doherty Nee (Secretary), Cathy Connor-Moen (Director of Fine Arts), Becca Jackson (Jazz Coordinator), Patricia Souza (Choral Coordinator), Kristen Serratore (Ways & Means), Marcia Leonard (Ways & Means), Janice Hall (Ways & Means), Mollie Caravello, Lisa Silletti
- Approval of Last Month’s Meeting Minutes: Paul Campbell
Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of November 2018:
- Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones
- Reviewed report November/December
- We took a bit of a hit on our investment, but that’s due to market fluctuations
- Madrigal banquet; small monetary loss. Poinsettia sales down; paid a little more for hall. Maybe go back to selling poinsettias for $10 next year.
- We had a positive gain on concert and merch sales for December concerts.
Motion made and seconded to approve treasurer’s report:
- Vice President’s Report: Patrick Marquis
- Last of the winter concerts: Coakley MS 1/10. Looks like we are covered with enough volunteers, Tri-M kids and parents.
- Ways & Means: Janice, Kristen, & Marcia
- Car wash dates: May 11 & June 8
- Gift Wrapping Fundraiser: was good; will likely do again in December next year.
- Planning for a fundraiser Medium night Thursday night in March or April
- Choral: Patricia Souza (note via email)
- MICCA choral weekend April 5, 6, 7
- MICCA preview concerts March 19th (instrumental) & 20th (choral)
- Patricia looking for volunteers for choral weekend
- Jazz: Becca Jackson
- Thursday, February 14 jazz classic. Should we do coins for camp; 50/50 raffle? Ticket pricing last year was $6; perhaps raise to $8 which is more in line with other event pricing.
- Becca to send band list to Ed
- MAJE: are we hosting? Cathy will check with Steve.
- Waiting to confirm Sheraton jazz night.
- Director of Fine Arts: Catherine Connor-Moen
- Worked on financial aid for music camp, would like Tracey to look at.
- Tri-M students key chain sales – $2. Profits support beginning music class in Brazil.
- Fine Arts Winter “Snowflake” semi-formal dance date: February 8th 7PM to 10PM; $35.
- Thursday, January 10th 6th grade chorus, CMS honor groups
- Thursday, January 24th festival of bands
- Thursday, January 31st orchestra night
- Thursday, February 7th Lalapalooza (grades 5, middle school and HS chorus)
- Thursday, February 14th Jazz classic
- Thursday, March 7 in Stoughton
- March 19 & 20th MICCA preview
- April 5, 6, 7 MICCA choral
- Town Budget Update: Looking at school budget deficit in future, could result in district personnel cuts. The November public budget balance meeting results: still trying to bring overall number down. We as parents are encouraged to email selectmen in favor of override. Note: those employed by the town (school system) remained neutral on this subject.
- 2019 Band Camp Dates:
- Camp schedule shift: Monday August 19 – Sunday August 25
- Quorum: 2018/2019 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.
- NEXT PMA meeting will be February 13 at 7PM in the HS Library
Adjourned at 8:18 pm
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee