Norwood High School, Library
Call to Order: 7:02 PM
Welcome by Paul Campbell, President
Attendance: Paul Campbell, Patrick Marquis, Ed Ferris, Amy Doherty Nee, Marcia Leonard, Kristen Serratore, Janice Hall, Katie McConnaughy, Becca Jackson, Amy Campbell, Kathie Umbray, Jeanna Ayoub, Patty Souza, Steve Conant, Cathy Connor-Moen, Tony Caravello
- Approval of Last Month’s Meeting Minutes: Paul Campbell
Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of October 2019:
- Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones (in absentia)
Motion made and seconded to approve the treasurer’s report of October 2019 and fiscal year-end report from October:
Reviewed balance sheet that Tracey emailed prior to meeting:
- Norwood Day: we made $693; town donation $2,500
- MB Classic was great! Over $5,800 at gate; over $2,000 concessions, $1,000 for merch; $630 raffle, 3 bands still owe money to us for home show.
- Net profit: $8,407
- Summer common POPs: $2K concessions; $1,500 donation
- Coins for Camp: over $500
- Vice President
- Friday, February 7, Snow ball at Sheraton (6:00-10:00)
- May 19, senior night banquet at Sheraton (6:30)
- Will confirm these dates with Cathy Connor-Mohen
- Ways & Means: Janice, Kristen, & Marcia
- Fundraiser: Grandma’s Coffee Cake orders still coming in. Student gain is better than pie fundraiser last year.
- Selling merch at high school concert, Dec. 11
- Will sell at middle school concerts 7th grade Dec. 12th; 8th grade 17th
- January 2nd Janice will go to town hall and request car wash days
- Maybe trivia night fundraiser at Percivals; maybe late January
- Choral Update: Patty
- Busy couple months coming up
- Choral performances: Sat. senior districts Saturday; play at NHS; Nov 30 Madrigals will sing at common
- Banquet on Dec 6; sing at 7th circle of hope; concert 11th; Day House, elementary tour, singing at mansions in Newport Dec. 21 at night.
- Selling Poinsettias for $10
- Publicity/Other: Ed
- Opportunity to sell hot chocolate, coffee, at November 30 holiday gathering
- Madrigals start at 12, MB starts at 2:30
- Publicity: Katie
- Newspaper articles
- NCM interview video
- Sold 27 jackets
- Maybe sell ornaments at holiday common gathering
- Marching Band: Steve
- Best MB classic we have ever had. Stands were full. Couple bands went inactive this year. Great day overall.
- Upcoming events: Monday visit to Coakley; pep rally Wednesday; 8:00 report time for Thanksgiving; 10:00 AM game at Dedham will stay through half time.
- Saturday holiday parade – MB meet at Guild parking lot.
- Marching Band Banquet: November 30, after parade at the K of C. time after parade 4:30/5:00.
- Instrumental: Calendar updated went out to students.
- Coakley concerts are Dec. 12th and 17th
- Jazz night: Becca & Steve
- Steve needs to sit down with Cathy and Larry to find date
- Quorum: 2019/2020 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.
- NEXT PMA meeting will be December 4, 2019 at 7PM at Campbell’s
Adjourned at 8:30 PM
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee