Norwood High School, Library
Call to Order: 7:05 pm
Welcome by Paul Campbell, President
Attendance: Paul Campbell (President), Patrick Marquis (VP), Tracey Jones (Treasurer), Ed Ferris (Publicity/Webmaster), Katie McConnaughy (Publicity/Marketing), Amy Doherty Nee (Secretary), Diane Wilson (MB Coordinator), Cathy Connor-Moen (Director of Fine Arts), Becca Jackson (Jazz Coordinator), Sarah Jackson (Fine Arts Student Representative), Steve Conant, Kristen Serratore (Ways & Means), Marcia Leonard (Ways & Means), Janice Hall (Ways & Means), Jeanna Ayoub
- Approval of Last Month’s Meeting Minutes: Paul Campbell
Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of October 2018:
- Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones
Reviewed report of fiscal year balance sheet
- MB Classic and pie fundraiser biggest revenue generators. Approximately $1,000 went into student accounts from pie sales.
Motion made and seconded to approve treasurer’s report:
- Vice President’s Report: Patrick Marquis
- Middle school shows – possibly will ask high school students to help for Tri-M hours.
- Ways & Means: Janice, Kristen, & Marcia
- Holiday bundles for concerts – see dates below
- Buttons were a hit; will continue to offer for sale
Gift Wrapping Fundraiser: Barnes and Noble Dec 8th or 15th. Two people wrapping at a time, with donation bucket. Maybe have musicians or madrigals performing as well? Discussed difficulty of space issues for a performance group within store – don’t want to be in back of store.
- Choral: Patricia Souza (note via email)
- Madrigal Banquet: November 30th at Elks
- Patty will need help decorating hall and picking up the poinsettias on November 29 in the afternoon. If anyone is able to help, please let her know. She will send out email to all Madrigal parents too.
- Madrigals will perform at the tree lighting ceremony on Nov. 24. Time has not been confirmed yet.
- Marching Band: Diane Wilson/Steve Conant
- What a fantastic season! Congrats to all!!
- Diane putting together menu for end of year party. Will send details out on email. Will be at VFW, price better than she originally thought. Pizza, maybe parents cook as well, parents to bake desserts, cake, etc.
- We will host breakfast after half-time on Thanksgiving for Dedham band
- Steve: props from Black Swan will remain, maybe use trees again
- MB will visit Coakley Tuesday 11/20
- Director of Fine Arts: Catherine Connor-Moen
- Gearing up for holiday concerts
- Fine Arts Winter “Snowflake” ball – need to determine date, likely in February.
- Holiday Concerts 2018 (did Cathy Moen share Google Calendar with PMA?)
- Wednesday, December 12th High School Holiday Concert
- Thursday, December 13th 7th Grade Holiday Concert (includes orchestra, band, and chorus)
- Friday, December 14th Brass Choir at Friends of St. Nick honoree event (11:30 AM)
- Tuesday, December 18th 8th Grade Holiday Concert (includes orchestra, band, and chorus)
- Thursday, December 20th Madrigals and Celtic Strings will do tour of elementary schools
- Thursday, January 10th 6th grade chorus, CMS honor groups
- Thursday, January 24th festival of bands
- Thursday, January 31 orchestra night
- Thursday, February 7 Lalapalooza
- Thursday, February 14 Jazz classic
- Announcement of Town Meeting November 29th open forum meeting: Ed Ferris
– Need parents and students to show support
– The purpose of this meeting is to gauge support for over-ride, and to explain details of over-ride
– Town has a $5 mil deficit – will mean cuts to music, sports, teachers, police, fire, general services for town
- Quorum: 2018/2019 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.
- NEXT PMA meeting will be a holiday gathering, December 5, 2018 at 7pm at Campbell’s house
Adjourned at 8:30 pm
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee