Norwood High School, Library


Call to Order:            7:05 pm

Welcome by Diane Wilson, PMA President

Attendance: Diane Wilson (President), Paul Campbell (VP), Tracey Jones (Treasurer), Kim Beaudet (Ways & Means), Ed Ferris (Publicity/Webmaster), Amy Doherty Nee (Secretary), Patrick Marquis, Patricia Souza, Stacey Lane, Cathy Moen, Becca Jackson, Sarah Jackson, Katie McConnaughy


  1. Approval of January Meeting Minutes: Amy Doherty Nee

Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of January 10, 2018:  

Motion approved

  1. Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones

Discussed all groups to fund semi-formal Fine Arts dance.

Reviewed balance sheet – made scholarship payout.


Motion made and seconded to approve treasurer’s report of January 2018: 

Motion approved

  1. Vice President: Paul Campbell

Fine Arts dance was a success!


  1. Jazz Coordinator: Becca Jackson

Jazz Classic: All set with staffing; Tracey ordered pizza. Concessions in cafeteria; enough water donated.

Next year make the ticket price higher – it’s $6 now, which is an odd price.

Tracey will give Becca 2 cash boxes.

Discussed selling flowers at door, since it’s Valentine’s Day.

Kim will get flowers.

Coming up: MAJE on March 18


  1. Ways & Means: Kim Beaudet

Merch sales:  Kim ordered more fleece, vests, t-shirts. Not placing big order, will get new items, e.g., summer beach towels, gloves. Need pencils for spring concerts, maybe new flannel pants, tank tops, shorts maybe?

Fundraisers: Two car washes coming up (5/12 & 6/9)

Other idea – McDonalds on Rt 1 (new restaurant) any dollars spent during specified hours (can be breakfast, noon, or night) we get a portion.

Discussed possibility of having McDonalds fundraiser on same day as one of the car washes.


  1. Marching Band: Diane Wilson

Music Camp 2018: almost time for the forms to be made.

What is date of marching band kick-off meeting? Cathy will ask Steve – maybe schedule week before April vacation.


  1. Director of Fine Arts: Catherine Connor-Moen

Can we think of possible fundraiser for music camp financial aid?

Nixed idea of kids collecting money in cans in front of businesses.

Approach businesses asking if they would sponsor a student. Request alumni donations, possibly request current parents to donate a little more.

Set it up as a PMA scholarship fund.

Scholarship for lessons

Coin collection – March is Music in our Schools Month

“Coins for Camp” start on Wednesday at Jazz Classic. Sarah Jackson will coordinate with CCM on getting it out to students


Receipt for tablecloths for Madrigal dinner; gave to Tracey


First Tri-M honor society induction last week; went well. Do we purchase tassels? They might have been purchased already.


Jazz night – early April – don’t have firm date yet – at Sheraton 4 Points


  1. Choral Update: Patricia Souza

MICCA choral weekend = March 23, 24, 25

MAJE = March 18

Tracey will get hot dog roller; ask Honeydew to donate coffee


  1. Quorum: 2017/2018 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.


  1. NEXT PMA MEETING: Monday, March 12 at 7pm in the NHS library

Adjourned at 8:32 pm

Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee