The result are in for the Massachusetts Instrumental and Choral Festival (MICCA).
- The NHS Wind Ensemble under the direction of Steven Conant – Silver Medal
- The NHS Orchestra under the direction of Steven Conant – Bronze Medal
- The CMS Honor Band under the direction of Courtney Schick – Silver Mmedal
- The CMS Orchestra under the direction of Craig Chisholm – Bronze Medal
- The Elementary honor Band under the direction of Elana Lorance and Larry Smith – Gold Medal
- The NHS Concert Chorale under the direction of Jennifer Hartnett – Silver Medal
- The NHS Muses under the direction of Jennifer Hartnett – Silver Medal
- The NHS Madrigals under the direction of Jennifer Hartnett – Gold Medal
- The CMS Honors Chorus under the direction of Sarah Seals – Bronze Medal
Gold Medal Showcase
MICCA, with the support of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and Mechanics Hall, will sponsor its 18th annual Gold Medal Showcase in the spring of 2017. Ensembles that earn a gold medal rating at the 2017 MICCA Concert and Choral Festivals will be invited to perform at either Mechanics Hall on Sunday, April 9th, 2017 or Symphony Hall on Saturday, April 15th, 2017. There is no admission charge for audience members.
MICCA’s first “Stars at Symphony” took place in 1999 at Symphony Hall. The response was so overwhelming that the necessity to expand to a second venue became immediately apparent. Ozawa Hall at Tanglewood opened its doors to MICCA in 2000. Then due to construction constraints, it was moved to Mechanics Hall in 2005. All venues have been operating at capacity since.
The Gold Medal Showcase performances are exceptional examples of Massachusetts’ young musical talent.