Attached are the notes from the meeting. Please contact Mr. Conant for any questions or to turn in your paperwork for the band.
Norwood High School Mustang Marching Band
MICCA 5 Star Gold Winners & NESBA Champions for 2017
Hello Norwood Music Camp Families,
- We meet at Norwood High School on Sunday, August 13th at 7:45 AM in the morning in the Auditorium to prepare for our departure for Camp Tapawingo.
- Leave all bags on the sidewalk along the student drop-off area in the rear of Norwood High School and enter through door 14.
- Parents are asked to come into the auditorium to meet with the camp medical staff and hear the camp guidelines. Also, help will be needed to load the truck with equipment. Please help, if you are able.
Above are the forms you will need to fill out and return to the Fine Arts Department office at the High School.
Camp happens in August with students in the Marching Band grades 8-12, NHS Madrigal choir, String Orchestra, Chamber Choir & drama programs. The students attend a week long music camp at Camp Tapawingo in Sweden, Maine. The purpose of this camp is to provide an uninterrupted atmosphere in which students in these groups can prepare for their upcoming competitive and performance seasons.
For many years our Music Camp ventures have been a tremendous success, both musically and socially. The daily schedule includes 7-1/2 hours of daily rehearsals and classes, supplemented by a variety of recreational activities, which are an integral part of our program, such as swimming, softball, football and basketball.
This group was able to come in second this year in the NESBA competition and won a Platinum meddle for their show ” Turning the Tables”.
***Camper’s medications should be individually dosed in envelopes with day and time for administration and include original package or container with pharmacy label or campers name on it. All placed in one gallon ZIPLOCK style bag with you camper’s name.
*Please remember to send a fitted sheet for the cot mattress, even if your child uses a a sleeping bag. (and pjs, flannel pants & tshirt)
*Each camper should have a pillow with two pillow cases
*Flip flops or suitable sandal for shower
*Travel case (or ziplock style bag) for toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush, deodorant)
* TWO TOWELS – one for shower, one for beach
Raincoat, poncho, rain boots – dress for the weather!
Label your student’s belongings! They are responsible for their belongings. Electronic devices are allowed, but discouraged as the campers are busy with rehearsal and need their sleep. We have a strict lights out policy so that everyone gets enough rest. (There is no WIFI)
Please do send more than $20.00 the only opportunity to spend it will be on the ride home at the rest area.
Please let me know of any Senior night reservation changes as soon as possible.
The camp mailing address
Camper’s Name – Norwood Music Camp 2016
166 Tapawingo Road
Sweden, Maine 04040
The camp has a website – http://www.camptapawingo.com/
See you Sunday morning!
Music Camp Coordinator
I know we are all preparing for Band Camp this weekend and looking forward to a great season this fall. I am preparing to outfit all the kids for the season and will start as soon as they return from camp.
Three things that need attention:
1. Attached you will find an order form for T Shirts, Shoes and Gloves. Please complete this form and return it by August 29th as I need to place the order.
T Shirts: Every student needs at least one. I recommend two, as they must be worn every time the student is in uniform. ON weekends with a show on Saturday and Sunday it is helpful to have a clean one ready to go.
Shoes: There are a limited number of shoes available without charge. I can not guarantee we will have a pair for your child, although I will make an attempt to fit your child with what we have. If you wish to order your own pair, this form will cover that.
Every student needs at least one pair of gloves. New students need to order a pair, exiting student will know if theirs need to be replaced.
2. Fitting your child for a uniform. I will begin this process after they return from camp. If either you or your child is uncomfortable with me measuring them for their uniform, please complete the attached form and either email it back to me or have your child bring it to practice after band camp.
3. Volunteers Needed: After the start of the school year, I will begin to seek volunteers to help chaperone the shows. Please let me know if you would like to be included in the requests. Also, if anyone is available to help with the uniform fittings, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you. It is going to be a great year!