Norwood High School, Library
Call to Order: 7:08 pm
Welcome by Paul Campbell, PMA President
Attendance: Paul Campbell (President), Patrick Marquis (VP), Tracey Jones (Treasurer), Ed Ferris (Publicity/Webmaster), Katie McConnaughy (Publicity), Amy Doherty Nee (Secretary), Diane Wilson (MB Coordinator), Patricia Souza (Choral Coordinator), Cathy Connor-Moen (Director of Fine Arts), Becca Jackson (Jazz Coordinator), Steve Conant, Kristen Serratore (Ways & Means), Marcia Leonard (Ways & Means), Janice Hall (Ways & Means), Vicky D’Annunzio, Mollie Caravello
- Approval of Last Month’s Meeting Minutes: Amy Doherty Nee
Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of June 2018:
- Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones
Reviewed balance sheet – noted profits and losses.
- Will put together a comprehensive report for last year and get that out to us.
- Net income is negative – some of what we paid out was actually for last year (MICCA MB classic was paid this year for last year, and also this year’s was paid. Numbers are skewed for that reason. Also, sometimes merch gets paid for in the following year for previous year
- Got check from town for $5,500 for MB coach. Will likely not receive that again.
- This year looks like we subsidize 19% of camp costs vs. 29% in past.
- Still waiting for some band camp payments. Lisa might have some checks.
Motion made and seconded to approve treasurer’s report:
- Vice President’s Report: Paul Campbell
Summer concerts: Thank you for all PMA volunteers for summer pops town concert
Sunday/Wednesday concerts were good (popcorn); brought in much more money than in past.
Popcorn machine: Possibly investing in large popcorn machine – would be a $256 investment
- Ways & Means Update: Janice, Kristen, & Marcia
Norwood Day: Sold record breaking amount in merch at Norwood Day of $917.84
Sponsorship: Potential opportunity with Poirier appliances
- 1. golf cart sponsorship, 2. home show program, 3. insert advertising. Three products that can be billed separately.
Humble Pie fundraiser: Humble pie need order by October 6th. High school and middle school only. Superintendent needs to know that we are doing fundraiser. Cathy will get his approval.
This fundraiser will go to the student accounts. $4 for each pie and $3 for each apple crisp sold will go back to kids.
MB Classic: we will sell our merch and need generic non-Norwood merch for other bands to buy.
- Choral Update: Patricia Souza
Choral banquet October 8th King Richard’s Fair
Madrigal banquet November 30th at Elks
- Marching Band Classic, 10/21: Steve Conant
Eleven bands have signed up so far, including the UNH band for a performance. Many division-1 small bands. Reg opened up until 2 weeks before show.
Discussed selling drinks and baked goods at the merch table so people don’t have to wait in line at the concessions table. Will keep half of the drink and dessert supply at the merch table.
Maybe we should sell muffins from BJs?
K&C Music Donations: Donated xylophone
Other donations over summer – bass, alto sax, etc.
Amy will send thank-you note; Katie will put on social media
- Marching Band: Diane Wilson
Uniforms: need to figure out why there was mold on some uniforms. Dehumidifier was brought in to closet; maybe need to dry-clean some of the bad ones. Would new uniforms be a possibility – maybe Music Drives Us grant?
- Director of Fine Arts: Catherine Connor-Moen
Elementary instrumental reg night: tomorrow (Thursday 9/13) Cleveland 5-8; looking for volunteers
Music camp: successful week, drama students added a lot to camp
Closet: Needs to be cleaned out; seats, paint, clock tower, etc. needs to go. Need space for theater, etc. Need shelving in there. Need to have everybody in the conversation, i.e. drama, music, art.
Addams Family play: Friday, Saturday, Sunday at NHS
Student Accounts: Cathy will do a handout
By-laws: Need to review our bylaws.
Financial aid: we are getting more and more requests. How might we be able to help with that? Struggling with numbers of kids in music program at the elementary level; kids don’t stick with music.
- Quorum: 2018/2019 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.
- NEXT PMA MEETING: October 10, 2018 at 7pm in the NHS library
Adjourned at 8:40 pm
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee