Norwood High School, Library
Call to Order: 7:10 pm
Welcome by Paul Campbell, incoming PMA President
Attendance: Diane Wilson (President), Paul Campbell (VP), Tracey Jones (Treasurer), Kim Beaudet (outgoing Ways & Means), Ed Ferris (Publicity/Webmaster), Katie McConnaughy (Publicity), Amy Doherty Nee (Secretary), Patrick Marquis, Patricia Souza, Cathy Connor-Moen (Director of Fine Arts), Becca Jackson, Sarah Jackson, Steve Conant, Kristen Serratore (Ways & Means), Marcia Leonard (Ways & Means), Janice Hall (Ways & Means), Jaime Lavinder
1. Approval of Last Month’s Meeting Minutes: Amy Doherty Nee
Motion made and seconded to approve the meeting minutes of May 9, 2018:
2. Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones
Reviewed balance sheet – noted profits and losses.
– Paid for renewal insurance; paid for POPs
– Majority of income POPs and Great East
– Event admissions combo of POPs and senior night.
– $3,353 to scholarship fund (about $100 under last year). Merch sales $240 over last year.
Motion made and seconded to approve treasurer’s report of May 2018:
3. Vice President’s Report: Paul Campbell
Car wash: Made $1,742 – best year ever!
Sunday and Wednesday Concerts on the Common: coming up – we will do popcorn, water, ice cream, etc. We need kids to volunteer.
Cathy Moen: we have 10 extra tickets to 6 flags, we can raffle off at the summer concerts.
Norwood Town POPs night on town common – was traditionally geared toward older crowd. New town manager getting different band, wants to have BBQ, asked if PMA will do the cooking. The town will buy all food and reimburse for gas. We can collect donations. Two hours; July 29th. Need to confirm: access to water, condiments, paper goods, NEED VOLUNTEERS!
4. Ways & Means Update: Kim Beaudet transitioning to Janice, Kristen, & Marcia
Various fundraising ideas:
– Christmas wrapping at Henry Bear’s Park or Barnes and Noble
– Scrip gift card fundraiser
– Friendly’s restaurant night
5. Director of Fine Arts: Catherine Connor-Moen
Nashville music trip: Exploring different fundraising ideas for trip during April vacation 2019. Maybe fundraiser opportunity at the town Pops night?
Humble pie fundraiser maybe?
Music camp: Paperwork is in from many. Cost per student $562, we ask for $400. PMA subsidizes 29% of the total cost of camp per student.
Number of students for camp: 69 students (not sure if that was total? or without additional students); 10 out of 15 drama students have submitted forms.
Spring trivia night: maybe in April?
Ernie Boch fundraiser: Music Drives Us is doing a fundraiser to benefit an unnamed Norwood music outlet. This is the first we have heard of it. Need to determine how it works, and who is the beneficiary of the funds raised? Need to determine if we can benefit.
6. Marching Band: Diane Wilson
Uniforms: Diane will start uniform fittings over the summer.
Cleaning out closet: Closet needs to be fixed – need more hanging space for uniforms. Cathy can buy some shelving. Need to get rid of clock tower. Kids volunteer to clean out. Cathy will take care of it.
7. Publicity: Katie McConnaughy
Brochure & poster: Janice Hall and Becca Jackson have updated our brochure and created a poster for promotion of PMA at events. Finalizing poster and brochure. Cathy submitting edits 6/13.
Banner to be made from poster design.
8. Madrigals: Patricia Souza
Need to secure banquet hall for next year. Will look at Mason lodge; getting contact info from Ed.
9. Quorum: 2017/2018 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.
10. NEXT PMA MEETING: September 12, 2018 at 7pm in the NHS library
Adjourned at 8:40 pm
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee