PMA Meeting Minutes – October 11, 2017

Call to Order:            7:05 pm

Welcome by Diane Wilson, PMA President

Attendance: Diane Wilson (President), Paul Campbell (VP), Tracey Jones (Treasurer), Amy Doherty Nee (Secretary), Ed Ferris (Publicity/Webmaster), Cathy Moen, Stacey Lane, Janice Hall, Steve Conant, Patrick Marquis, Becca Jackson, Patricia Souza

 

  1. Approval of June Meeting Minutes: Amy Doherty Nee

Motion made and seconded to approve the Minutes of September 13, 2017:  Motion approved

  1. Treasurer’s Report: Tracey Jones

Foxboro donation: Norwood PMA made donation for composition to honor retired Steve Massey.

Fidelity annuity has been reinvested.

MB Classic: Paid out $2,500.

Merch sales: Yielded $700 in merch sales over summer concerts. Made $527 in merch sales at Norwood day and mattress sale day combined.

Mattress fundraiser: Mattress sale yielded $2,135 ($300 of which goes to student accounts). 20 mattresses were sold. Discussed moving the date of next planned mattress fundraiser to the Spring of 2019.

 

Motion made and seconded to approve treasurer’s report of September 13, 2017:  Motion approved

  1. Vice President: Paul Campbell

Dates for upcoming events: Snowflake/Fine Arts ball (January 26), Jazz night (4/25, 4/26 or 5/1), Senior night (May 24).

Keep in mind other dates so that there won’t be conflict: POPs=5/11; Fine Arts Festival=4/28; Recitals for seniors= 5/16.

Venue (Sharaton) alternative: Norwood Theater for jazz night? Becca Jackson will inquire.

Marching Band Classic: Need more students to volunteer. Roche Bros donated $150 gift card which will be used for hot dogs & rolls. Tracey will put call out to parents to donate soda. Paul asked C. Moen to ask school to move dumpster prior to MB classic.

  1. Choral Update: Patricia Souza

King Richards Fair was a success. Picked menu for OCC for madrigal banquet.

 

  1. Publicity: Ed Ferris

Recruitment: Discussed getting parents of younger students to become involved in PMA by inviting                        middle school and elementary parents to our meetings.

  1. Moen discussed involving teachers, asking what they need from PMA and vice versa. Goal is improved communication with teachers.

Discussed possibility of “PMA on the road” starting with middle school, having our meetings at different schools to get those parents involved. Discussed getting on PTO agenda.

 

  1. Director of Fine Arts: Catherine Connor-Moen

MICCA: C. Moen will ask what roles are needed – concession, judges room. Will ask about binder 3/23, 3/24, 3/25?

Holiday parade:  Town asked if PMA would sell hot chocolate at town common after parade. Town will get donation of hot chocolate, will pay us to man the table. How much is worth our time?

We can also sell merch – especially ornaments – at the common after parade.

Gift cards for fundraising: Will pick up in November meeting.

 

  1. Quorum: 2016/2017 PMA Board, there are eleven (11) voting Board Members. In order to have a quorum, six (6) Board Members must be present.

 

  1. NEXT PMA MEETING: November 8, 2017 at 7pm in the NHS library

Adjournment at 8:30 pm

Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Doherty Nee

  • Of note to follow up at next meeting: fundraising gift cards (“Scrip”), World cultural tours cards mentioned by Cathy.